- Scientific Name- Pomacentrus auriventris
- Family- Pomacentridae
- Origin- Shallow inshore reefs of Christmas Island in the eastern Indian Ocean to Indonesia and Micronesia
- Size- 8 centimetres (3 inches)
- Temperature – 22°C – 28°C (72°F – 78°F)
- PH – 8.1 to 8.4
- Specific Gravity (Salinity)- 1.020 to 1.025
- Aquarium Size (Minimum)- 80 Litres (20 gallons)
- Appearance (Physical Description)- bright blue with yellow on the belly, tail, anal fin, pelvic fins and rear portion of the dorsal fin.
- Diet- brine shrimp and mysid shrimp, frozen herbivore preparations and flakes. Vitamin-enriched foods will help to keep their colouration bright.
- Feeding Frequency – daily
- Compatibility- *See Compatibility chart*
- Aggression – Moderate.
- Difficulty to keep – easy.
- Captive Breeding – yes.
The Goldbelly Damselfish is the ideal aquarium inhabitant as it has beautiful colouration; it doesn’t grow very large and is an extremely hardy fish. Like all damselfish this species also requires hiding places to protect itself from any predators or to dash to if stressed. Other than that the Blue Devil Damselfish is very easy to keep and maintain.